Turning 30



30 for a 15-year old, is well, old... to a 60-year old, it’s young. But for someone like me who is turning 30 this year, it is a roller coaster of emotions. I don’t want to sound overly dramatic, and I am only speaking in my behalf. I think turning thirty is a milestone. It is a blessing to reach such age. But it is not all about just adding another year to my life. It is also a time when I suddenly pause and look back. What have I done in the past three decades?

When I was in high school, I remember writing in our Formal Theme an article about how I see myself in ten years. I think I remember writing something about having my own family, running my own business and having the time of my life. Well guess what, I don’t have any of that at the moment, except for the time of my life, since I do enjoy most of my days.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not complaining. I am starting to understand the cliché, which states that, everything in your past helped shaped who you are today. I may not be perfect (well, who is) but I think I turned out to be someone I can be proud of.

I realized that I was too idealistic. Well, a girl can dream, can’t she? But we live in a not so idealistic world. We meet a lot of imperfect people, and we encounter a lot of challenging circumstances. Life is not easy. But I did not expect to deal with such drama in my late twenties. As what they say, it is never too late to learn something new. And experience has an annoying yet very effective way of teaching you valuable lessons in life.

Perhaps I’ll be around for a few more decades, since I have learned some very important lessons. Hopefully I’ll be able to recognize the signs in the future and be able to apply what I have learned. I would not want to relive the learning process.

Yes, some of my dreams are yet to come true. But I am happy with where I am right now. I believe I have been blessed in so many ways and I am grateful. I have my loving family. My parents are supportive, as ever. Although I have grown to a young adult, I remained their baby. And my siblings, well, they have matured… a little. They are busy with their own lives that they have less time to pick on me. And I am confident that they love me, as much as I love them. And the family has grown. Found me a sister (in law) and two adorable youngsters (nephew and niece).

And my friends! I may not be blessed with a wonderful partner YET but I must say, God has given me fabulous sets of friends. I am surrounded by amazing people.

Finally, I am also thankful to have found something I really enjoy doing. It took a while for me to discover, but I believe I was led where I am today. I know I can ask for more, dream for more or aspire for more. But for now, I am HAPPY and I am GRATEFUL. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REFLECTION PAPER ON METAPHYSICS

Why You Need to Take it Easy on Yourself?

Reliving Notting Hill