I Don’t Want to Forget































It has been a couple of weeks 

Since we called it quits

I had to move out of your way

Although I wanted so much to stay


But they say you have to let go of a dream

But often, that is not an easy thing

For how can you leave

A reality you once lived


I know I’ll find my way again

Get used to a life before ours began

I’ll find my way around this uncertain world

And figure it out without the hands I once held


And one day I’ll get through life without hearing your name

Or maybe I’ll look back and lose its meaning

But I don’t want to forget the feeling

Of being loved by someone so giving


I never want to forget the life you let me live

Don’t say sorry because there is nothing to forgive

We all have our battles, and yours was not easy

Though I still want you to turn to me when you need somebody


I want to remember how you thought of my welfare amidst your war

Don’t think you got rid of me, I won’t be far

Your demons may be dark and strong;

But they won’t stick around, just hold on


I know you want me to go and move on

But I don’t want to forget so I’ll hang on

I may have stayed out of your way 

but I won’t be away


Someday we’ll both heal but even then

I don’t want to forget how I chose to love you over and over again


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REFLECTION PAPER ON METAPHYSICS

Why You Need to Take it Easy on Yourself?

Reliving Notting Hill