Stuck



























Are we supposed to walk in a straight line? 

Do we need to trek the road set before us? 

This familiar journey of what is ideal has been so comforting. 

Comforting enough to look away from the things that might have been. 

Enough to scare away the thought of leaving. 

But the heart is anxious and the mind wanders around. 

Is this the life I want or do I live it because it's convenient?

Is this the life I want, or am I just scared of the unknown?

I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I am deeply thankful…

But this tingling in my heart keeps nagging that there is more. 

Is it greedy for me to explore?

Or am I a coward for making excuses and not doing anything at all?

Comfort is an antagonist for pursuing something new…

It is scary to give up the life you are used to.

When faced with a crossroad, my choice has always been clear..

To continue on the predictable road that I am already on.

But1 I am conflicted because of a different life I can live.

But choosing that life offers no guarantees…

Sometime ago, this was an untested ground for me too…

And the thought of leaving and starting anew is something I am not keen to do.

And when I finally do, will my restless heart finally find home, or will it long for something more?

What awaits if I choose a new course, will I finally find fulfillment or will I live with regret?

I guess I will never know, because right now I am stuck and do not know what to do...


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REFLECTION PAPER ON METAPHYSICS

Why You Need to Take it Easy on Yourself?

Reliving Notting Hill