If I Have Six Months to Live

If I Have Six Months to Live



I did share the K-Drama 39 which inspired me to write
About Life and Death. Chan Young, one of the lead characters, only has six months to live. A few days after writing the article, I heard that a former student passed away. He was young, smart and full of promise. He is young, way younger than I am, and he is yet to live his life to the fullest. I mean, live his potential to the fullest, to journey on and figure out life’s mysteries. But he won’t be able to do it anymore. Death came to him so early and so suddenly. This makes me reflect on my own life. Isn’t it fortunate to know when it is your time to go.  

Chan-young has six months to live. What would I do if I have to work with that timeline? Perhaps, I would panic and question everything. I’d mourn as if I had already died. Yes, I am dramatic like that. After dealing with the shock, I would probably quit my job and start planning my life with the timeline I have been given. The fact that I still need to plan it means that I have not really thought about dying before this. Well perhaps I have, but not to this extent. 

Now that I have thought about it, I wish to have a lot of money. This will allow me to do what I really want to do. I would love to travel and see my brother and his family in Batangas,  travel to Australia to see my other brother and his family. I will spend some time there and enjoy playing games with my nephew and nieces. 

I will probably find a way to watch the BTS concert live. One of my wishes is to see Bangtan in the flesh. It may sound shallow to most but this is a fangirl's dream. I'd also spend most of my time at home with my parents. I would spend most of my time with my family and make sure that we create beautiful memories together. Perhaps I will record video clips and what not so that they'll have something to remember me by.

I’d ask my closest friends to visit me and just hang out. We will probably talk about the past and share our experiences. I also wish to make moments with them. I have two very close friends, both of whom don't live in my city, but I think I'll have to see them in person. WE will figure out how to meet Bangtan in person. We have a shared love for the boys, I mean men, so why not?

To be able to do all of this, I need to have ample savings. I should have enough money to see my brothers and their children; create beautiful memories with my family and friends, ensure that my parents will have a comfortable life, see my two closest friends and meet Bangtan. I should also have enough money to facilitate my burial too, ensure that I have a  beautiful photo, after all, it will be the last photo my family will frame and look at once I’m gone. They should not worry about anything once I die. I don’t want my death to be a burden to them for I know my death will already have an emotional toll especially on my parents. 

I see that there's nothing really grand about what I intend to do if I have only six months to live, except for the expenses. I now realize that all these things may be trivial to some but, I don’t care. All of these will require money, though, and I don't have enough yet, which means, I can’t die yet. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REFLECTION PAPER ON METAPHYSICS

Why You Need to Take it Easy on Yourself?

Reliving Notting Hill